.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Friday, October 19, 2018

Legendary actor Michael Caine supports Brexit


Michael Caine (center) in Zulu (1964)

Nationalism, not Euro-Fascism


Legendary actor Michael Caine defended his support for Brexit during a BBC radio interview, saying, “I’d rather be a poor master of my fate than having someone I don’t know making me rich by running it.”
“What I see is I’m being ruled by people I don’t know, who no one elected, and I think of that as fascist,“ he said on Thursday, adding, ”In the long run, though, it’ll come around.”
Caine, known for his roles in films such as “The Dark Knight” and “Children of Men,” has supported leaving the EU since the 2016 referendum and says he doesn’t listen to scare tactics used by pundits.
Britain is set to officially leave the EU on March 29, 2019, but Prime Minister Theresa May says they could stay under EU rules for months after Brexit.

Read More . . . .

Michael Caine in Zulu





And in The Dark Knight






No comments: