.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, October 8, 2018

A Little Monday Music - Suzanne Vega



Starting The Week off on a High Note
  • I have decided to try and start each new week off on a positive high note. But being a glass half empty kind of guy I suspect things will turn into crap soon enough.


Suzanne Vega (born July 11, 1959) is an American singer-songwriter, musician and record producer, best known for her eclectic folk-inspired music.
Vega's music career spans more than 30 years. She came to prominence in the mid 1980s, releasing four singles that entered the Top 40 charts in the UK during the 1980s and 1990s, including "Marlene on the Wall", "Left of Center", "Luka" and "No Cheap Thrill". 
"Tom's Diner," which was originally released as an a cappella recording on Vega's second album, Solitude Standing, was remixed in 1990 as a dance track by English electronic duo DNA with Vega as featured artist, and it became a Top 10 hit in over five countries.









2 comments:

taminator013 said...

Good stuff. I was kind of disgusted with the music scene for a long time until I discovered some alt music and college stations back in late May early June of 1983. Long story how this came about. Got hooked for the next two + decades. I think that the first Suzanne Vega song that I heard was "Left Of Center". That and "Luka" are still a couple of my favorites. "Tom's Diner" not so much. Every time I hear it I can't get the intro cartoon depiction from "I Dream Of Jeannie" out of my head.................

Gary said...

I am to please