.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, October 1, 2018

The Predator



The Predator
It Gives You What You Paid For




By Gary;

I still remember opening night in 1987. My friends and I were there for Predator.

To say we were blown away was an understatement. Nothing like this had ever been on the screen before. The script, location, special effects, acting and plot were over the top classic.

The original was the best at the box office generating $98 million (in 1987 dollars) on a budget of $15 million.  With those numbers sequels were guaranteed.  The quality never matched the original but the audience hung in there for many films.

Main series
Crossover series

So that brings us to 2018 and The Predator. This was one of those I'll get around to it when I have time movies.

The new movie was not a dud. There is good solid action and an interesting dose of humor added. A lot of characters were introduced which I immediately knew were cannon fodder for later in the movie. The director did not fail me . . . corpses were piled high.

I did not expect much so when those low expectations were exceeded I was pleased.

A classic?  No way.  A good Saturday afternoon popcorn movie? Yes.


Rated 7 out of 10







No comments: