.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

GoFundMe goes Full Nazi Censorship on Conservatives



Censorship of Conservatives
Part XXXVIII

  • How many stories must be written until the worthless pricks in the GOP get off their asses and do anything about anything!


(Jihad Watch)  -  After Patreon banned me without explanation, I set up a GoFundMe account, with the same goal in view of constructing a studio for Jihad Watch videos, and quickly raised over $3,000. Yesterday I withdraw it, and got a notice from GoFundMe:
Hi Robert,
We are sending $3,299.42 to your bank account. Deposits take 2 – 5 business days to appear in your bank account. If your deposit doesn’t arrive after 5 business days, contact us.
But today, I got this:
Hi Robert,
We’re sorry, but we have canceled your 08/21 withdrawal of $3,299.42 from WePay Payments.
The funds from this withdrawal have been added back to your balance.
Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the trouble this may have caused.
If you have any questions or require additional assistance please let us know by responding directly to this email.
Thank you,
WePay Team
I also got multiple notices from GoFundMe; each informed me that a particular donation to me from a particular person had been refunded.
When I asked for a reason why they had canceled my withdrawal and were refunding all the donations to me, they did not, of course, answer.
In reading histories of the Third Reich I was always struck by how quickly — in just a matter of months — Germany went from being a free, democratic state to an authoritarian dictatorship, right under everyone’s noses in 1933. I always marveled at how fast and easy it was to destroy freedom. I don’t marvel any more. 
It is happening to us right now, and most people neither notice nor care. The authoritarian Left is stamping out all dissenting voices. It will soon be even worse: people who don’t hold the accepted opinions will not be able to hold jobs, have bank accounts, buy from various outlets, etc. Think this is hysterical and will never happen here? Watch.
What amazes me further is that so many people are crowing about this, tweeting happily at me that I’m getting what I deserve for not believing Islam is a religion of peace, and all that. They don’t seem to realize that a pattern has now been set in motion that could turn on them just as easily as it has turned on me.
These times call for courage, and yet this is an age of universal cowardice. It is unlikely to end well.
Read More . . . .


No comments: