.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Lost in Space and Tremors 6



Those Robinsons are always in danger




By Gary;

I loved the original series as a kid. Hell what child does not want his own personal robot? But after a serious season one the show plunged into a sea of slapstick crap.

Now we get the Netflix re-boot, and I have to say I am more than pleased. Another Netflix winner.

Lost in Space is good solid science fiction, outstanding special effects, solid plots and quality acting. The basic Robinson family characters have been jumbled up a bit to give us a fresh view. But the original series is so old and so long out of reruns I don't think anyone under 60 would notice.

Gary Movie Rule #1  -  Feed all small children to the nearest flesh eating monster.

But in this case I wave my rule. The young actors in the series do respectable work.

My one complaint is Dr. Smith needs to be dialed up several notches on the Scale of Evil.

As for the killer alient robot - not bad.

Looking forward to season 2.

Rated 8 out of 10







Tremors 6?????
You can find anything on Netflix, Part XXVII


I was there in the theater back in 1990 when I first met Val, Earl, Burt, Heather and the other residents of Perfection, Nevada.  I was stunned. The movie was the perfect blend of comedy and horror.

Little did I know that this was the start of a 28 year Tremor Adventure.

I can't even count the times I have watched the original movie on TV, video tape, DVD or at revival theaters with other fans.  Tremors 2 was respectable. The other films decreasing in quality.

Now we are up to movie #6.  Now I will say 6 is an improvement. Good photography, good special effects and the usual Graboid plot.

While not breaking new ground the film will entertain fans.

Rated 6 out of 10









Curse Word Compilation






The Ass-Blaster
What is there not to like?



No comments: