.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, November 9, 2020

Bush Calls Biden; Says Election “Fundamentally Fair”

 

Asshole Alert

Former President George W. Bush issued a statement Sunday saying he has called to congratulate Democrat presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden and running mate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) following media outlets declaring them the winner of the presidential election on Saturday. 

In his statement, Bush praised President Trump for a “hard fought” campaign, however, while acknowledging Trump’s right to challenge the election results in court he called the election “fundamentally fair” and said the “outcome is clear”.

I just talked to the President-elect of the United States, Joe Biden. I extended my warm congratulations and thanked him for the patriotic message he delivered last night. I also called Kamala Harris to congratulate her on her historic election to the vice presidency. 

Though we have political differences, I know Joe Biden to be a good man, who has won his opportunity to lead and unify our country. The President-elect reiterated that while he ran as a Democrat, he will govern for all Americans. I offered him the same thing I offered Presidents Trump and Obama: my prayers for his success, and my pledge to help in any way I can.

The American people can have confidence that this election was fundamentally fair, its integrity will be upheld, and its outcome clear.

TheGatewayPundit.com



No comments: