.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Kirk Douglas (1916 – 2020) - The List of Adrian Messenger


Kirk Douglas in
"The List of Adrian Messenger"



By Gary;

The great Kirk Douglas just passed at age 103.

The question comes to mind:  Is someone a movie star? or does a great movie make you a star?  I say the movie makes the star. 

After the movie Spartacus I think the average movie fan would be hard presses to name even three Kirk Douglas movies. So many Hollywood films are totally forgettable.

Personally I never cared for Spartacus. So when the death of Douglas was announced the first movie that came to my mind was the murder mystery film The List of Adrian Messenger.

From early childhood I have been the ultimate fan of murder mysteries in book or film form. It's all good from Charlie Chan to Miss Marple to Sherlock Holmes to Philip Marlowe.

And that brings me to Adrian Messenger.

All those so-called "great" movies made by Douglas had absolutely no meaning to me.  For me Kirk Douglas was a star because he was in The List of Adrian Messenger.

For fans of mystery, Adrian Messenger is available on YouTube.  Enjoy.

Kirk, thanks for the memories.

An all-star cast and director




No comments: