Dems Target GOP
- Here in California I refused to vote for my pansy-ass, big government loving, 1984 supporting GOP Congressman in 2016. I left the office blank.
- But if Republicans are replaced by Marxist Democrats we march down the road to Venezuela.
- The only choice is true election reform, but that will never happen.
(San Francisco Chronicle) - Former Rep. Ellen Tauscher of Pleasanton is easing back into California politics as one of the founders of a new super PAC aimed at flipping seven GOP congressional seats into the Democratic column next year.
Working with Berkeley political consultant Katie Merrill, Tauscher has launched Fight Back California, which plans to spend as much as $10 million between now and next June doing spadework in those targeted districts.
“You have to start working before the (candidate) filing deadline,” which isn’t until March, Tauscher said. “You have to be in those districts early, talking about local people, local politics and local issues.”
The stakes are high for Democrats. Those seven Republican districts, split among the Central Valley, suburban Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Diego County, represent nearly a third of the 24 seats the party needs to take back the House from the GOP.
Voters in each of the targeted districts backed Democrat Hillary Clinton for president over Republican Donald Trump at the polls in November and then turned around and re-elected their GOP incumbents for Congress. The PAC effort will be focused on those ticket-splitters.
Even with the best efforts, there are no guarantees. Republicans like
- Jeff Denham of Turlock (Stanislaus County),
- David Valadao of Hanford (Kings County),
- Steve Knight of Lancaster (Los Angeles County) and
- DarrelA Issa of Vista (San Diego County),
The new GOP targets from Orange County — Ed Royce of Fullerton, Mimi Walters of Irvine and Dana Rohrabacher of Costa Mesa — all were easy winners in 2016, which will make them tough targets for any Democratic challenger.
Read More . . . .