.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, June 14, 2018

"Weird Al" Yankovic



A Little Fun Today

  • I am taking a break from the insanity of the news with a little Weird Al. 
  • Al released his first song parody way back in 1976. It is hard to believe that 38 years later he was not only still around but in 2014 produced a #1 record:  Mandatory Fun.
  • Now Al is entering 42 years in the business.


The discography of American singersongwriterrappermusician and parodist "Weird Al" Yankovic consists of fourteen studio albums, ten compilation albums, eleven video albums, two extended plays, forty-six singles and fifty-four music videos

Since the debut of his first comedy song in 1976, he has sold more than 12 million albums—more than any other comedy act in history—recorded more than 150 parody and original songs, and performed more than 1,000 live shows. His works have earned him four Grammy Awards among eleven nominations. 

He has also earned gold and platinum record certifications in the United States.

  • 15 Gold Albums for records and video collections.
  • 7 Platinum Albums.
  • 2 Gold Singles and 1 Platinum Single.

Mandatory Fun was released in July 2014. It became Yankovic's first number-one album, with first-week sales of 104,000 copies.





This is the Life

That's right, I'm the king, number one
I buy monogrammed Kleenex by the ton
I pay the bills, 
I call the shots
I grease the palms
I buy the yachts
One thing I can guarantee
The best things in life, they sure ain't free
It's such a thrill just to be me
This is the life
This is the life












One More Minute


I'd rather have my blood sucked out by leeches
Shove an icepick under a toenail or two
I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue
Than spend one more minute with you







No comments: