.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I am a Survivor Junkie



The Revenge of the Nerd

By Gary;

I am a junkie.  A Survivor junkie.  Someone might be dropping nukes on London, but screw it, I would watch Survivor before the news.

What is there not to like?  A game show combined with beautiful women in bikinis, crazy-ass borderline insane contestants, Harvard educated nerds, back-stabbing assholes, tropical beaches, pathological liars and a cast starving on screen for my entertainment.

The American public appears to agree as the show goes on year after year.

It is safe to call this season the revenge of the nerd.  After 39 days on the lush island of Caramoan in the Philippines, John Cochran took home the title of Sole Survivor on the shocking season 26 finale on Sunday, May 12, beating out fellow finalists Dawn Meehan and Sherri Biethman.

"Yes, I'm quite aware that it's all downhill from here for me," the 26-year-old Harvard Law graduate tweeted jokingly on Monday. Cochran, who originally appeared on Survivor: South Pacific back in 2012, won the jury's final vote unanimously, and even host Jeff Probst seemed gleeful to announce Cochran as "probably the most unlikely winner, ever!"

"I kind of want to get a Segway, as lame as that is," he told The Hollywood Reporter of how he'd spend his $1 million check. "I don't know how often I'd use it, but I'd like to just ride around on one. Even if it's just doing circles in my living room." He also mentioned sinking some money into a new apartment and "a lot of wireless gizmos and stuff."

During the season's high-drama season, Cochran was also able to survive the entire run of the game without having a single vote cast against him during Tribal Council, an impressive accomplishment that only one other Survivor winner can claim.
.
"On the one hand, you could say I'm not a threat; nobody bothered voting for me because I'm such a loser, but I'm kind of a winner now, so maybe they should have voted against me," he said Sunday.

To top it off, Cochran also bested the competition in this week's reward challenge, as well as the final immunity challenge, which guaranteed him a spot in the final three.

After 26 Seasons Survivor still kicks ass in the ratings
No other show has a three hour season finale.

Time Net Show Viewers Live+SD (million)

8:00 PM CBS Survivor: Caramoan (8-10PM) 9.98
ABC Once Upon A Time7.22
FOXThe Simpsons4.05
8:30 PMFOXBob's Burgers3.27
9:00PMFOXFamily Guy4.72
ABCRevenge (9-11PM)6.04
NBCAll-Star Celebrity Apprentice (9-11PM)4.15
9:30PMFOXAmerican Dad 3.94
10:00 PM CBS Survivor Reunion 8.35


Survivor: Caramoan - Immunity Challenge: Vertically Challenged




Survivor: Caramoan - Secret Scene Dawn & Cochran




A cast starving for our entertainment.

Survivor's Phillip Sheppard: "It's Obvious I'm Not Crazy"
Was Phillip insane or was he really a Government Secret Agent?
(People.com)

No comments: