.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fight Club



"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."
Tyler Durden
Fight Club (1999) 
 

By Gary;

Fight Club.

Once a week the local theater shows an oldie film on the wide screen, the way all movies should be watched.  It has been a lot of years since went to see an oldie movie, but Fight Club was playing this week.  I could not stay away.

First let me say, if you have not been to a revival theater showing classic films, drop everything now and go.  The theater experience cannot in any way be duplicated at home.  Years back I would go all the time to watch movies like Casablanca, Ben Hur or She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.  Now after re-watching Fight Club I am hooked again.

Second, seeing a cult classic like Fight Club with true believer fans makes it even more fun.  We crazies would cheer or applaud together at all the favorite scenes we love.  We insane fans love each other's company.

And speaking of insanity, there is Fight Club.  The film is a strange Phillip K. Dick inspired plunge into insanity, our crass modern culture, revolution, depression, the rat race, soap, violence, sex and philosophy.

To many, me included, the film is a work of pure genius.

Perhaps the strangest thing is the very quotable philosophy of the movie.  A philosophy that reflects our rootless, disconnected and often shallow and pointless modern world.

If you like Fight Club seek it out at a nearby revival theater.  If you do not have a theater, then rent the Blu-Ray and enjoy.


Fight Club Trailer - HD




You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake










No comments: