.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, October 21, 2024

A Little Monday Music - Gordon Lightfoot, Sundown

 


50th Anniversary Edition

of Sundown


Carefree highway
Let me slip away on you
Carefree highway
You've seen better days
The morning after blues
From my head down to my shoes
Carefree highway
Let me slip away, slip away on you



Like Carefree Highway the miles and years just slip by.

It was 50 years ago that the late Gordon Lightfoot released his greatest album - Sundown.

Every tract was a classic. The title song Sundown went #1 on the charts earning a gold record. The album went #1 earning a platinum record. The tract Carefree Highway became a top ten single.

Gordon passed away this year. He was a great poet. It was my honor to meet him backstage after a concert in SoCal and talk with him about my favorite songs.

Rest in Peace.














No comments: