.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, July 10, 2023

A Little Monday Music - Elton John Retires



All Things Must Pass

It seems as if Elton has always been there.

Mrs. Editor and I attended many Elton concerts over the years. Sadly we never saw him in the early days when he was young, thin and full of wild Rock God energy.  As close to that as we can all get is his 1980 concert in Central Park below in front of more than 400,000 fans.

Elton performed the last set of his final tour in Stockholm, Sweden, on Saturday night.

"This is a very poignant evening because it's the last show of the tour. This is the 330th, counting Glastonbury, we've done 330 shows in 663 days. That's pretty amazing," the "Tiny Dancer" singer said during Saturday's performance.

"I mean, I've been touring since I was 17 in the back of a van. I've had the most incredible life. I've been so lucky, and I've loved every single minute of it," he said at the time. "But I've had enough of that applause, and I really want … I'll be 76 years of age when I stop touring in 2023. I want to do something different with the rest of my life."

More . . . .

 


 


In 1969, John's debut album, Empty Sky, was released.

Throughout his career, John has sold over 300 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling music artist of all time. John's biggest selling studio album is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, which has sold more than 30 million copies worldwide and ranks among the best-selling albums worldwide.

















No comments: