.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, August 29, 2022

A Little Monday Music - Lord Huron - The Ghost on the Shore [Live]

 


Close your eyes and drift away
enjoy the dream
  • Especially with the studio version, the poetry of Ghost on the Shore takes you places only you can understand.


Lord Huron is an American indie rock band based in Los Angeles. They combine western, folk rock, rock and roll and pop melodies.

Lord Huron performing “The Ghost on the Shore” live on stage at Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre in Detroit, Michigan on Tuesday, August 16th, 2022.



I'm just a man, but I know that I'm damned
All the dead seem to know where I am
The tale that began on the night of my birth
Will be done in a turn of the earth
Lie where I land, let my bones turn to sand
I was born on the lake and I don't want to leave it
Every eye on the coast ever more
Will remember the sight of the ghost on the shore
Under the waves and the earth of an age
Lie a thousand old northerners' graves
Deep in the night when the moon's glowing bright
They come rising up into the night
Die if I must, let my bones turn to dust
I'm the lord of the lake and I don't want to leave it
All who sail off the coast ever more
Will remember the tale of the ghost on the shore
I'm going away for a long time
I'm going away for a long time

Studio Version





No comments: