.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Wendy - Mrs. Editor (1956 - 2019) RIP


Above, Wendy and other Young Republicans with California Congressman Bob Dornan and Assemblyman Paul Bannai in 1976. Her future husband Gary is at top right.





By Gary;

Tuesday was a nightmare - I lost Wendy, the Love of My Life.

We were together for 45 years.

Unlike most other marriages we worked side by side in the same business since the 1990s.

We eagerly shared with each other every detail of every minute of every day for decades on end. And when the day was over we could not wait to go out to dinner and share even more.

If I was out of town I would rush home just so we could talk and share the events that happened while I was gone.

Then this morning I woke up to a shock - - - SILENCE.

There was no one to talk to. No one to share with. Just silence.

I was alone, and there was nothing I could do to fix this problem.  God took from me the only thing that mattered in my life.

Where I go from here in business or Blogging I do not know.  If there is no partner to share with then what is the point of life?



Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
I've grown accustomed to her face.


She almost makes the day begin.
I've grown accustomed to the tune that
She whistles night and noon.
Her smiles, her frowns,
Her ups, her downs
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.

I was serenely independent and content before we met;
Surely I could always be that way again-
And yet
I've grown accustomed to her look;
Accustomed to her voice;
Accustomed to her face.



But I'm so used to hear her say
"Good morning" ev'ry day.
Her joys, her woes,
Her highs, her lows,
Are second nature to me now;
Like breathing out and breathing in.
I'm very grateful she's a woman
And so easy to forget;
Rather like a habit
One can always break-
And yet,
I've grown accustomed to the trace
Of something in the air;
Accustomed to her face.



Frederick Loewe



3 comments:

Phil said...

Oh man . My sincerest condolences. Words are completely inadequate to express my sympathies. It's like someone cuts you in half.
Take your time and grieve the love of you life Gary, we will still be here.

Gary said...

Thank you Phil. I don't know your family situation but go right now and hug your loved ones and don't let go.

Armand Vaquer said...

"She was beautiful in face and form, and lovelier still in spirit; As a flower she grew, and as a fair young flower she died. Her life had been always in the sunshine; there had never come to her a single sorrow; and none ever knew her who did not love and revere her for the bright, sunny temper and her saintly unselfishness. Fair, pure, and joyous as a maiden; loving, tender, and happy. As a young wife; when she had just become a mother, when her life seemed to be just begun, and when the years seemed so bright before her—then, by a strange and terrible fate, death came to her. And when my heart’s dearest died, the light went from my life forever." - Theodore Roosevelt, 1884 on the death of his wife Alice.

As President Nixon noted in his final White House speech, TR went on and later became President of the United States. You need to have your time to grieve.

You, too, will go on, Wendy would want you to.

We all feel this loss. You're not alone. - A.