.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Punisher (Season 2)



"I caught a glimpse of heaven once. The Angels showed me. The idea was I'd kill for them. Clean up their mistakes on Earth. Eventually redeem myself. Tried it. Didn't like it. Told them where to stick it. So they brought me up to heaven, to see what I'd be missing. A wife. A son. A daughter. I hadn't seen them since they bled out in my arms. 

Then I was cast down. Back to a world of killers. Rapists. Psychos. Perverts. A brand new evil every minute, spewed out as fast as men can think them up."
 Frank Castle
The Punisher




By Gary;

It took me too long, way too long to watch the entire Season 2 of Netflix's The Punisher.

The fact I took too long is also my answer about Season 2 - a weak and confused script with little direction.

I thought Season One was top quality. Near perfection. I could not wait for Season Two.

But the writers for 2 clearly did not know what direction.

  • They hooked up Castle with a potential new love and then dropped the character cold.
  • They took the show out of New York to the rural med-west. A good change. Then rapidly dropped that story line to re-tread the same ground in New York.
  • They introduced a creepy "Preacher" style hit man who was under used. In a PC move they made him part of some dumbass and unexplained alt-right Christian conspiracy to take over government.
  • Billy Russo was brought back with little direction or purpose.
  • Agent Madani was also brought back, but with very little to do except walk through scenes and tell the police she can't help them. 

Basically there were 7 episodes of material in a 13 episode season.

As usual Jon Bernthal did a wonderful job with the weak material he was given.

The Season is worth viewing for a fan - - - a die hard fan.  It is too slow.

Rated 6 out of 10








No comments: