.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Clint Eastwood on GOP candidates: ‘Any one of them’ would be better than Obama




(Washington Times)  -  Actor and director Clint Eastwood weighed in on the 2016 GOP presidential candidates, saying “any one of them” would be a better leader than President Obama.
Sitting down with “Extra’s” Mario Lopez, the outspoken Republican said he hasn't yet decided on whom to support for the GOP nomination.
“I haven’t made any selection ‘cause there’s quite a few of them and I think there’s quite a few of them that are really good people,” said Mr. Eastwood, 85.

Asked if he thinks front-runner Donald Trump can win the nomination, Mr. Eastwood seemed unsure.
“I don’t know. It’s an unusual thing he’s done so far,” he said of the business magnate. “I mean he’s done quite well, so we’ll see where he goes. I think people are looking for somebody who’s outspoken and who isn’t afraid, and he seems to have kind of a fearless attitude, he’s great.”
He went on, “I like Ben Carson ‘cause he’s kind of a common sense guy and he also doesn’t seem to be afraid. And Rubio, who I’ve met and I like very much, and Ted Cruz. Any one of them would be better than we got.”
Mr. Eastwood, who is now directing “Sully” with Tom Hanks, said he’s enjoying making films and doesn’t have plans to return to acting any time soon.
“Someday maybe somebody will come up with a really good role that fits my curmudgeon personality,” he said.
Read More . . . .


No comments: