Driving Down Wages
- The so-called Conservative government of Canada is importing thousands of "temporary" foreign workers to fuck over Canadian citizens and drive down wages.
- It does not matter what country you live in or what party you vote for. Everywhere the corrupt ruling Elites want to flood their nations with cheap foreign labor and drive their own citizens into poverty.
Thousands of employers across Canada are paying temporary foreign workers below the required wage level — with federal approval, according to new research by the Alberta Federation of Labour.
The “shocking result” is more evidence that the program works to keep wages low in a strong economy — despite claims to the contrary from federal Employment Minister Jason Kenney, federation president Gil McGowan said Monday.
“This is the latest example of how badly this program has gone off the rails,” he said. “The federal government should not be in the business of keeping wages low, but that’s exactly what’s happening,” reports the Edmonton Journal.
In the last 18 months, 15,006 employers across the country received approval to bring in temporary foreign workers at minimum wage, according to documents obtained from the federal government, McGowan said.
The federation then checked each approved contract (called a labour market opinion) against the hourly wage required under federal rules in each geographic region, called the prevailing market wage (the average that Canadians are paid in those job categories).
More than 14,500 contracts — 97 per cent — were approved with wages below the prevailing market wage, violating the rules of the temporary foreign workers program, says the federation.
- Farm workers were brought in at $5.74 per hour less than the prevailing wage of $15.69
- Greenhouse workers were paid $2.05 per hour less than the required wage of $12.
- Harvest workers were approved at $7.25 per hour below the required wage,.
- Janitors were $6.20 below.
- light duty cleaners were $4.57 below the prevailing wage.
|Slavery at McDonalds in Canada|
Foreign workers recruited from Belize are accusing McDonald’s Canada of treating them like "slaves," by effectively forcing them to share an expensive apartment – then deducting almost half their take-home pay as rent.
"We had to live there. We were told this is what we are doing," said another worker who didn't want to be named because he still works for McDonald's reports CBC News.
See our full article Now we have McSlavery?