|Better Mitt than Marx.|
You go to the political wars with the army you have, not the army you wish you had.
Paul Ryan: A huge kick in the teeth to believers in Small Government Constitutional Federalism
- The Jim DeMint, Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul wing of the GOP was just told to go fuck themselves.
First of all let me say that the Romney-Ryan ticket is a big improvement over the Marxist Obama-Biden ticket.
But that being said, if you are looking for mindless, partisan GOP cheerleading then you are on the wrong blog. Here at THE FEDERALIST we believe that small government Constitutional Federalism comes ahead of brainless partisan cheering.
So let's get to it. Mitt Romney just made one of the most fucking stupid Vice Presidential picks possible.
Basically Romney selected a clone of himself - a younger mirror image of a Romney Big Government Republican. With Romney-Ryan you have Big Government Republicanism in full control of the Party. The Tea Party has been told to fuck off.
HISPANICS - By ignoring Senator Marco Rubio, a timid and frightened Romney blew a golden opportunity to re-shape politics in the US for the next generation.
The massively growing Hispanic vote nationwide has taken a Republican state like California, that produced two GOP Presidents and US Senators, into the Democratic column. That same ethnic and party shift is now happening in state after state.
Bottom line, the GOP is doomed without the Hispanic vote and Romney opted for a boring, white bread, vanilla ticket has will have little real appeal to Hispanics.
ELECTORAL COLLEGE - A member of the House of Representatives has not been elected as a Vice President since House Speaker John Nance Garner in 1932. There is good reason for that. The electoral college. Presidential candidates need to carry entire states and Congressmen only represent a small portion of a state.
Mitt Romney himself brings nothing to the Republican electoral college table. He will not even bother to try and win his home state of Massachusetts where he was governor.
Paul Ryan is only a lowly Congressman from Wisconsin. One of eight Congressman in fact. He has never won a statewide election. To be blunt, Wisconsin is a state that the GOP does not need to win the election. Both Bush 41 and 43 won their elections without Wisconsin.
But both Bushs needed the vital swing state of Florida to capture the White House, and Mitt Romney effectively told Florida Senator Marco Rubio to buzz off.
Stupidity on a grand scale.
|Congressman Ryan eagerly supported new spending and debt.|
BIG GOVERNMENT - The GOP talking heads on TV are already beating the drum for the "Conservative" Paul Ryan. It is an old story, talk like a Right-Wing Conservative and vote like a Left-Wing Liberal.
The Ryan voting record in Congress for Big Government says it all.
- No Child Left Behind Act - Ryan enthusiastically supported Bush's Big Government push to Federalize in D.C. local education policy. In a violation of the 10th Amendment the Beltway Big Brother will dictate to locals schools what they allowed to do. The program is not only unconstitutional, but a total failure.
- Medicare Expansion - Ryan voted in favor of the Medicare Part D prescription drug expansion to help buy the votes of seniors in the 2004 election. But the GOP did not pay for the program. The costs were simply added to the national debt.
- Department of Homeland Security Act - Somehow the US managed to defeat the Empire of Japan, the Axis Powers and the Warsaw Pact without the DHS. But Ryan and his fellow Big Government Republicans could not wait to centralize police power in one agency. Now we have the centralized DHS "policing" local bus stations, train stations and using drones to spy on Americans. Thanks for nothing Ryan.
- Spending and Debt - Ryan and the GOP controlled Congress had no problem massively running up the national debt and spending under Bush. Only when Comrade Obama came in did Ryan express any public interest in spending.
- TARP and Bailouts - In 2008, Ryan voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the Wall Street bailout that precipitated the Tea Party movement, and the bailout of GM and Chrysler.
So here we have the GOP Team 2012. Mitt Romney the author of Socialized Medicine in America and a lowly and anonymous big spending, big government Congressman.
It's better than Democrat Marxism.