.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Summer Movie Fun with Suicide Squad



Yes, Harley Quinn is Insane
Move over Will Smith, 
Quinn is the real star of the movie




By Gary;

A movie comes out with the Joker in it.  I mean, who wouldn't pay the price of admission?

So I was rather shocked to see the Joker relegated to a smaller supporting role in DC's Suicide Squad.

Naturally I expected mega-star Will Smith to dominate the movie. But to my surprise the real star of the film was the Joker's girlfriend Harley Quinn played by Margot Robbie. 

Quinn controlled the screen with her insane character. Over and over I wanted Will Smith to just get the Hell out of the way and let Quinn go to it.

The plot:  recruit bad guys to fight even badder guys.  Works for me.

So-called "professional" critics were dumping all over this movie.  Long ago I chose to ignore critics.  Screw 'em.  If critics knew how to make movies they would be in that line of work. I approach films from a fan's point of view.

Suicide Squad is a good mindless popcorn movie. Put your brain in neutral, kick back and enjoy.

Rated 8 out of 10









No comments: