.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Gene Wilder - RIP



"What did you expect? 'Welcome, sonny'? 'Make yourself at home'? 'Marry my daughter'? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." 
-- Jim (Blazing Saddles)



By Gary:

Another great has departed.

It is hard on a person when someone you grew up with passes. As a young man in the 60s and 70s Gene Wilder was perhaps the greatest movie comedian of my generation.

It is hard to meet anyone who does not have favorite scenes from his movies. . . . especially the Mel Brooks films.

I will say that Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was not on my list. The movie is creepy at best and strangely violent with children. To this day I am not sure what the Hell Wonka is.

The Producers will always hold a special place in my heart. Young Frankenstein is off the wall insanity for any fan of horror. Blazing Saddles is still stunning.

Best of Wilder  -  But for my taste the action-comedy Silver Streak (1976) was my favorite. Great script, fantastic cast and Richard Pryor.

Gene you will be missed.

Sheep Sex




Dumb Bastard



Young Frankenstein




I never milked a cow before.
Rita:  
Cut the gas, Steve, you're a grown man. 
I'm sure you've had some similar experience.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With Mel Brooks , they made history . I`ve laughing even now on many nonsense . Wonka ... never saw .Thats not Gene turf .