.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Daredevil Season 2, another binge watch done



Daredevil: 
Why are you doing this?
Frank Castle, The Punisher: 
'Cause I think you're a half-measure. I think you're a man who can't finish the job. I think that you're a coward. You hit 'em and they get back up, I hit 'em and they stay down. You know you're one bad day away from being me.




By Gary;

Thank God for Netflix.

Well I just powered through season 2 of the Netflix original series Daredevil, and I could not be more pleased.

A few months ago I rated season one an 8 out of 10. Though eager for season two I got sidetracted.

But now all 13 episodes of season two are behind be.  Nexflix had created an HOB style gritty nearly "R" rated series that will please the most hard core fanboy.

A properly done TV series is a totally different animal than a movie. A movie wraps up the story in a couple of hours. The Daredevil series, like The Walking Dead, follows the characters and interwoven stories over a long time period. . . . and not all characters make it to the end. As in real life there are casualties.

As a comic fan I never cared for Captain America or Daredevil, but Marvel has brought them alive on the big and small screens.

The Netfilix Daredevil is near perfect though I did like the 2003 movie with Ben Affleck. I am also perhaps one of eight people in America who loved the 2005 Elektra movie. I feel Jennifer Garner did a better job as Elektra, still I have to give very high marks to Élodie Yung's dark version in this series.

Jon Bernthal's The Punisher is very well carried out and Netflix has ordered a Punisher series to be made.

Looking forward to Daredevil season 3. Unfortunately that will not appear until 2018 at the earliest.


Rated 8 out of 10





Élodie Yung is wonderful as the ninja assassin Elektra.


The Walking Dead's Jon Bernthal is a dark and violent Punisher.



No comments: