|The Supreme Court is the last barrier against a tide of Marxism and Oligarchy Dictatorship.|
Perhaps the greatest Presidential power is his appointments to the Federal Courts
- The lifetime Federal Court appointments have a massive impact on society from property rights to business to civil rights.
- Franklin Roosevelt had eight Court appointments followed by Dwight Eisenhower's five and Richard Nixon's four.
The Supreme Court has hardly been spoken of at all in this campaign. But the appointments made by Presidents impact American society, and Comrade Obama cannot be allowed to fill the Court with even more Leftist loons.
Although much less visible, presidential elections also determine the composition of the lower federal courts. The vast majority of cases are never heard by the Supreme Court. Last year, the high court decided only 65 cases out of almost 10,000 petitions for review.
In the overwhelming majority of cases in federal courts, it is the appeals courts that get the last word. Federal district court and court of appeals judges also have life tenure and often remain on the bench for decades. There has been a huge difference between Democratic and Republican appointees in areas such as individual liberties, civil rights and access to the courts.
Some past cases include:
- Federal agricultural price supports, for example, were sustained by New Deal justices in Wickard vs. Filburn in 1942, and that decision became one of the pillars in this year's opinion on Obamacare.
- Rent control and zoning laws were sustained in two 1920s Supreme Court decisions against the claim that they were unlawful takings of private property, and those rulings continue to be cited to this day as justification for denying rights to property owners.
- The National Labor Relations Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act also weathered constitutional challenges in the 1930s, and the ramifications of those decisions still affect such things as minimum-wage laws and overtime pay.
The next President's Court appointments could impact the US for generations to come. Those appointments cannot be made by Leftist Socialists.
|Big Brother Concentration Camps, confiscation of|
private property and racial identity cards. The only
thing missing was a final solution plan.
|Plessy v. Ferguson (1896)|
The Supreme Court said that segregation was legal.