.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, December 11, 2017

The Punisher




"I caught a glimpse of heaven once. The Angels showed me. The idea was I'd kill for them. Clean up their mistakes on Earth. Eventually redeem myself. Tried it. Didn't like it. Told them where to stick it. So they brought me up to heaven, to see what I'd be missing. A wife. A son. A daughter. I hadn't seen them since they bled out in my arms. 

Then I was cast down. Back to a world of killers. Rapists. Psychos. Perverts. A brand new evil every minute, spewed out as fast as men can think them up."
 Frank Castle
The Punisher



By Gary;

I have been busy with work, so it took me a little longer to power through The Punisher on Netflix.  Watching some 13 hours of a show takes a real commitment.

There is no doubt that Netflix is on a roll with their version of the Marvel characters.

Their Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage series were all outstanding.  The Defenders I will rewatch to see if my lower rating still applies.

Dolph Lundgren portrayed The Punisher in 1989, as did Thomas Jane in 2004, and Ray Stevenson in 2008.  The Thomas Jane version is the only one worth watching. But even then there is a chunk of silly comedy in the movie that does not belong.

Netflix got it dead on right. Simply, Jon Bernthal is The Punisher.  He is outstanding in the role.

The movie is enormously and brutally violent. Still the violence is supported by a solid script and a great cast. High marks go to DHS agent Amber Rose Revah, ex-NSA analyst Ebon Moss-Bachrach and psycho killer Ben Barnes.  Any of you who have seen the series will agree.

A note about pussy limp-wristed professional movie "critics". Rotten Tomatoes summary shows only 61% of these worthless shreds of human debris like the series. These bozos love to crap all over films. I compare their tepid ratings with a 94% score by fans.

Movies and TV shows are made for the FANS, not the critics. As a fan I liked it and cannot wait for season 2.

Rated - 9 out of 10







1 comment:

cecil be de Mile said...

that one with portnoy was more credible , and reliable