.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Jerusalem's most contested neighborhood


Kingdom of Heaven

Saladin:  Will you yield the city?
Balian of Ibelin:  Before I lose it, I will burn it to the ground. Your holy places - ours. Every last thing in Jerusalem that drives men mad.
Saladin:  I wonder if it would not be better if you did.


Must See Video
A city divided: Jerusalem's most contested neighborhood  




Israel-Palestine  -  The impossible problem.




By Gary;

VICE NEWS has done a wonderful and fairly balanced report on the fight over property.  Both sides dislike each other and both sides want the other to leave.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have blogged many times about the Israeli government stealing the private property of Christian and Muslim Arabs and giving it to Jewish settlers.  It is injustice pure and simple.

But what I find most interesting is the reaction of my so-called "Conservative" friends when I bring up the subject of Arab property rights.  Simply, they couldn't care less.  They usually spout "Let the Arabs go somewhere else. The Arab countries have lots of room."

It is fascinating to me that "Conservatives" do not actually believe in Conservatism.  The private ownership of property, protected by courts and laws, is the cornerstone of the Conservative philosophy.  But most U.S. "Conservatives" ignore Conservatism and support government confiscation of private property in Israel/Palestine.

Thousands of years of history shows this problem will never end.  Even if mushroom clouds kill almost everyone on all sides I suspect the survivors will try to strangle each other in the radioactive rubble.





No comments: