|Comrade Obama cannot spend one cent by himself. He must stand on the Constitutional shoulders of the Democrat Senate and the Republican House.|
The Republican House has racked up $1.59 Trillion in new Federal debt.
- The Constitution of the United States gives the GOP House veto power over spending and debt, but the party has done absolutely nothing for two years.
- Under a GOP House the Federal debt has been increasing at an average pace of about $105.9 billion per month.
- The GOP simply stands by and allows the insane spending and re-distribution of the wealth to go on and on.
It is truly an amazing site to see. The spineless and ball-less Republican Party hiding under their desks in the House frightened to death to take any real action to stop us from being a bankrupt Greece. The GOP has done NOTHING. No spending cuts, no freeze on spending, not even a freeze on hiring Federal workers.
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives, which took office in January 2011, has enacted federal spending bills under which the national debt has increased more in less than one term of Congress than in the first 97 Congresses combined.
- Article 1, Section 9, Clause 7 of the Constitution says: “No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law.” A law appropriating money cannot be enacted unless it is approved by the House.
- Then there is Article 1; Section 8 of the Constitution. It states that the House has the power to borrow money (or NOT borrow money) on the credit of the United States.
- And don't forget Article 1, Section 7 which says "All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives."
|The U.S. is on a roller coaster ride to a Greek Debt Hell and the GOP has done absolutely nothing to stop the insanity. Does the Republican Party actually believe in anything?|
|After reading the Constitution on the floor of the House for the TV audience, the GOP simply ripped the sacred document into little pieces and let Democrats spend all the money they wanted to.|