Police State - The UK Conservative Party wants to track every single e-mail, phone call or text message sent in Britain.
- The Conservative Party of Winston Churchill no longer exists. It has morphed into Big Brother fascism.
- Freedom. What is that? It's all for your protection. Just bend over and drop your pants.
British authorities on Thursday unveiled an ambitious plan to log details about every Web visit, email, phone call or text message in the U.K. -- and in a sharply-worded editorial the nation's top law enforcement official accused those worried about the surveillance program of being either criminals or conspiracy theorists.
The surveillance proposed in the government's 118-page draft bill would track nearly everything people do online, over the phone, or even through the mail reports Businessweek.
|Conservative Party volunteers put up|
a new David Cameron poster.
All that data would be kept for up to a year -- ready for browsing whenever anyone in authority wanted it. In some cases, the bill envisages monitoring the information in real time.
Human rights defenders were aghast. Privacy group Big Brother Watch said the proposal risked turning Britain into a "nation of suspects." Civil rights organization Liberty said the law would mean the "indiscriminate stockpiling of private data."
Authorities and civil libertarians have been debating the plan for weeks, but Thursday marked the first time that the government itemized exactly what kinds of activity it wanted to track.
The list is long.
- The bill would force internet providers to log where emails, tweets, Skype calls and other messages were sent from, who was sending them, who they were sent to, and how large they were. Details of file transfers, phone calls, text messages and instant conversations, such as those carried over BlackBerry Messenger, would also be recorded.
- The bill demands that providers collect IP addresses, details of customers' electronic hardware, and subscriber information, including names, addresses, and payment information.
- The government also is seeking to keep logs of citizens' Internet history, giving officials access to the browsing habits of roughly 60 million people -- including sensitive visits to medical, dating, or pornography websites.
- Prefer to send mail the old-fashioned way? That would be monitored, too. Address details and other markers printed onto envelopes would be copied; parcel tracking information would be logged as well.
|The Castrated Sheeple of the British Empire.|
The Sheeple of a once great nation eagerly report to Big Brother castration centers. Big Brother says "Just give us your balls and you will be safe." And the British Sheeple bleat "Yes Master."
1984 is Here
"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
THE FEDERALIST - "A Bi-Partisan Big Brother State"
THE FEDERALIST - "Michael Savage - "Trickle Down Tyranny"
THE FEDERALIST - "1984 - Police are tracking your cell phone"
THE FEDERALIST - "Big Brother - A crackdown on the internet and speech"
THE FEDERALIST - "Conservatives push a Big Brother state"
THE FEDERALIST - "1984 - The Thought Police are here"
THE FEDERALIST - "Big Brother Obama is watching you"
THE FEDERALIST - "1984 - The Free Speech Jammer"
THE FEDERALIST - "20 years in prison for playing poker"
THE FEDERALIST - "Big Brother Government "Internet Inspectors"