.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rupert from TV's "Survivor" to run for governor


"Survivor's" Rupert Boneham, is considering a run for governor of Indiana
as a Libertarian.

Rupert!  Rupert!  Rupert!  Rupert!  Rupert!  Rupert!


Former "Survivor" contestant Rupert Boneham has filed papers indicating he may run for governor of Indiana as a Libertarian reports UPI.

The Indianapolis Star reported Tuesday Boneham filed papers to form an exploratory committee with the Indiana Election Division and is expected to make a final decision in the next few weeks.

"I have spent my entire adult life serving my community and I see an opportunity to make a difference for Indiana," he wrote on his campaign Web site, rupertforgovernor.com  "While surveying the current choices for our next governor, I do not see anyone that has an understanding of what daily life is like for many Hoosiers nor anyone who appears to understand the harm that misguided government policies are doing to our communities."

"While I may be best known for my time spent on the television show Survivor, I feel my greatest achievement has been working with troubled youth through my non-profit charity, Rupert’s Kids. With Rupert’s Kids we have successfully taken youth with troubled pasts and given them a sense of purpose and self worth while opening a world of opportunity to them. By helping them become confident and productive members of society they learn the value of eduction and a strong work ethic."

"I have operated my charity for over 20 years without government handouts. Over time, it has become more difficult to help people because of government red tape and roadblocks. This has prompted my decision to explore bringing back the principles of hard work and self-reliance to Hoosier government."

Three other candidates already have declared their intentions of seeking the state's top executive job: Republicans Rep. Mike Pence and businessman Jim Wallace of Fishers, and Democrat John Gregg, a former state House speaker.

For more on this story

No comments: