The horrors of Afghanistan go on and on and on
All we ever hear from the politicians is there the "light at the end of the tunnel" speeches. I guess that is their job. Got to keep the troops and the folks back home happy.
But just once I would like to see an honest President or Secretary of Defense say out loud, "For the love of God, this thing is a major fuck up."
Recent headlines from Afghanistan:
- - - Taliban insurgents shot down a troop-carrying helicopter in Afghanistan, killing 38
- - - Afghanistan car bombing kills 13
- - - Suicide bombers and gunmen struck a provincial capital, killing as many as 21 people
- - - Afghan mayor killed by suicide bomber
- - - A suicide bomber struck a Kandahar mosque where a memorial service was held for President Karzai's brother.
- - - Bombing kills five French soldiers
Forgive me if I don't give a damn about establishing "security" in Kandahar Province.
The United States is facing an invasion with millions of people of all nationalities simply walking into the country whenever they feel like it. Some are honest people just looking for work. Others come from Middle East countries that have little love for America. Our borders are wide open to any crazy that wants to walk in. We need to defend our own people in San Diego, Yuma and Dallas.
The time has come to secure our own borders. We need to bring our brave troops home to defend American soil from invasion.
If an army cannot defend its' home country then there is no reason for it to exist.
|The Second Anglo-Afghan War of 1878. England fought three wars in Afghanistan with|
little to show for the effort.
|The Second Anglo-Afghan War of 1878|