A Mighty War Blimp
- Only retarded Congressmen and Generals would think it was a good idea to build a "war" blimp. But that is who runs America.
The hack politicians just voted to cut the pensions of retired military vets. The liars in Congress claim they want to save money. Bullshit. Saving money is not what government does.
Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) released yet another of his annual oversight reports “Wastebook 2013” highlighting 100 examples of wasteful and low-priority spending totaling nearly $30 billion.
My personal favorite was the Pentagon spending almost $300 million developing a mighty military blimp.
After the project has been scrapped, it was sold for less than 1 percent of what it cost to make. Officials commissioned the seven-story, blimp-like aircraft that could hover over war zones for up to three weeks during the height of the Afghanistan war.
However, $297 million later, the failed ship was sold back to the company that made it for a bargain of $301,000.
Here are a few other favorites of mine from the report.
- Government Study Finds Out Wives Should Calm Down (NIH) $325,525
- NASA Searches for Signs of Intelligent Life … in Congress – (NASA) $3 million
- Hurricane Sandy “Emergency” Funds Spent on TV Ads ($65 million)
- Study - Fighting Zombies with Pluses and Minuses -- (NC) $150,000
Pentagon Sells $300 Million Blimp for $300 Thousand