A Giant Fuck You from Corporate America
- The Republican Party's Corporate Masters have gathered to pressure House Republicans to cave on immigration in order to increase their profits.
- With over 90 million people not in the workforce, with record food stamps, poverty and under employment, corporate America wants 30 to 40 millions new workers legalized and/or imported into our economy.
Editor's Note - My wife's company outside of Los Angeles is an example of the screwing of the American worker. All of the American citizens on the 3rd floor were fired and their jobs sent to the Philippines. On the 1st floor all of the American citizens were "phased out" and the entire floor is now filled with temp agency tech workers imported from India. My wife and the few Americans left on the 2nd floor await their fate . . . and the screwing of America goes on and on.
The Democrats are fully on board with impoverishing American citizens by legalizing and importing 30 to 40 million citizens of foreign nations as new workers. Now the business community is pushing the GOP to join in on the fun. Don't worry they say. We will pony up all the campaign money you need in case of an election challenge.
In a public statement released post-government shutdown on Oct. 23, the Essential Worker Immigration Coalition (EWIC) wrote that it thinks Congress should focus on immigration reform efforts before the end of the year.
“Now that Congress can refocus after the showdown over the budget and debt ceiling, we are hearing calls from both sides of the aisle to go back to immigration reform,” EWIC wrote. “The Essential Worker Immigration Coalition (EWIC) is looking forward to continuing to work with the House of Representatives as it deliberates the important issue of immigration reform,” reports Breitbart News.
Among other groups, the EWIC represents the National Council of Chain Restaurants (NCCR). According to the group’s website, its board includes a who’s who of fast food restaurant executives.
For instance, NCCR’s chairman is Chip Kunde of Darden Restaurants--which owns brands like the Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Seasons 52, the Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze, Eddie V’s, and Yard House. Other members include:
- Vice Chairman: Mary Schnell of Wendy’s
- Treasurer: Cicely Simpson of Dunkin’ Donuts
- Secretary Lynn Liddle of Domino’s Pizza
- Past Chairman: Mike Starnes of Denny’s
- Board members: Donald Balfour of Waffle House, Steve Hilton of McDonald’s, Craig Prusher of Church’s Chicken, James Richardson of White Castle, Patrick Sheehy from Cracker Barrel, Mark Simpson of Texas Roadhouse, Dan Colegrove of DineEquity, Inc., which owns IHOP and Applebee’s, and Joe Taylor of Brinker International, Inc., which owns Chili’s and Maggiano’s brands
- Chairman Emeritus: Steve Brigandi of Jack in the Box
The EWIC argued that despite unprecedentedly high unemployment rates, the industries it represents somehow need more workers. According to the September report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate in America stands a 7.2 percent and has not dropped below 7 percent since President Barack Obama took office.
“There is currently no effective process by which lesser skilled essential workers can immigrate legally other than a guest worker in a seasonal or temporary period position,” EWIC wrote in its statement. “Our American-born workforce will increase only 1% over the next 10 years. The restaurant industry alone projects a need for 15% more workers. There are simply not enough American-born workers to fill the jobs we expect to be created by a vibrant economy in the coming years.”
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) has publicly stated he wants a conference committee with the Senate bill. "A lot of people are saying, just pass the Senate bill," Ryan said in July. "That's not what the House is going to do. I think we can make it better.”
Other industry groups the EWIC represents include:
- American Health Care Association
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Meat Institute
- American Nursery & Landscape Association American Staffing Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Federation of Employers & Workers of America
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- ImmigrationWorks USA
- Independent Electrical Contractors International Franchise Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Home Builders
- National Association of Manufacturers National Club Association
- National Multi Housing Council
- National Retail Federation
- National Roofing Contractors Association Professional Landcare Network
- Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council
- Small Business Workforce Alliance
|The New American Dream|
Just keep reloading my EBT card please.
|Boycott Domino's Pizza|
With America sinking into a giant shit-hole of poverty and under
and unemployment we have corporate American pressuring Congress
to fuck over the American people and legalize 30 million new workers
in order to drive down wages.