Hollywood's Elites Hate You
- The Elites deliberately nominate movies no one wants to watch to show how smart and cultured they are compared to the peasants.
My annual boycott of the Oscars went off as planned. I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith and The Walking Dead.
Leftist politics did not cause my boycott. Simply, I stopping watching because I find self-masturbatory "awards" shows boring.
Add in another factor, these phonies cash their giant paychecks from doing popular movies and then refuse to nominate the very films that make them rich and famous for Best Picture. Bullshit.
The movie Dunkirk was as close as you get to the Academy nominating a popular movie having come in at #18 on the box office ticket sales list. Naturally it did not win.
Here is the list of largely loser films getting the nomination for Best Picture.
- Call me by your name - #116 on the box office list.
- Phantom Thread - #111 on the list.
- Lady Bird - #93 on the list.
- The Shape of Water - #64 on the list. . . . The winner.
- Three Billboards - #62 on the list.
- The Post - #53 on the list and a anti-GOP propaganda film.
- Get Out - #37 on the list.
- Dunkirk - #18 on the list.
Dozens and dozens of popular movies were totally ignored by the Academy. A good rule of thumb is if the uneducated peasants like a movie it is to be ignored.
How is the acting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman or Dwayne Johnson in Jumanji less worthwhile than some crap film no one wanted to watch?
So the worthless, self absorbed buffoons of the Academy demand we watch a boring hours long show dedicated to movies no one watches.
No wonder the ratings are down.
2017 WORLDWIDE GROSSES
Pink highlight = official revisions of older movies
Gold highlight = now playing or recent movies
Read More . . . .