.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cain denies report of sexual harassment



Cain and sexual harassment  -  I don't like Cain's answer


By Gary;

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain's campaign denied allegations Sunday that he was twice accused of sexual harassment while he was the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

In a statement to The Associated Press, his campaign disputed a Politico report that said Cain had been accused of sexually suggestive behavior toward at least two female employees.

In its report, Politico said it confronted Cain early Sunday outside of the CBS News Washington bureau, where he had just been interviewed on "Face the Nation."

"I am not going to comment on that," he told Politico when asked specifically about one of the woman's claims.

Personally, if I was innocent and someone was trying to fuck me over with bull shit lies I would be angry as Hell.  I would be screaming at the top of my lungs for that anonymous liar to come out into the light and repeat those charges to my face.  My first reaction would not be, 'I am not going to comment on that.'

When asked if he had ever been accused of harassment by a woman, he responded, Politico said, by asking the reporter, "Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?"

Answering a question with a question is not an answer.

Cain needs to clear this up at once.

Update:  After a very, very very weak first response Herman Cain now says, "I've never sexually harassed anyone, and yes, I was falsely accused while I was at the National Restaurant Association, and I say falsely, because it turned out, after the investigation, to be baseless."  We will see how this plays out.

No comments: