It took me too long, way too long to watch the entire Season 2 of Netflix's The Punisher.
The fact I took too long is also my answer about Season 2 - a weak and confused script with little direction.
I thought Season One was top quality. Near perfection. I could not wait for Season Two.
But the writers for 2 clearly did not know what direction.
- They hooked up Castle with a potential new love and then dropped the character cold.
- They took the show out of New York to the rural med-west. A good change. Then rapidly dropped that story line to re-tread the same ground in New York.
- They introduced a creepy "Preacher" style hit man who was under used. In a PC move they made him part of some dumbass and unexplained alt-right Christian conspiracy to take over government.
- Billy Russo was brought back with little direction or purpose.
- Agent Madani was also brought back, but with very little to do except walk through scenes and tell the police she can't help them.
Basically there were 7 episodes of material in a 13 episode season.
As usual Jon Bernthal did a wonderful job with the weak material he was given.
The Season is worth viewing for a fan - - - a die hard fan. It is too slow.
Rated 6 out of 10