.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Saturday Sultress - Andrea Catsimatidis - Chairwoman of the Manhattan Republican Party



God Bless America


(NY Post)  -  Andrea Catsimatidis is a billionaire heiress, business bombshell, jet-setter, NYC native and chairwoman of the Manhattan Republican Party — and that’s just according to her Instagram bio.
Like her father, one-time mayoral candidate and Gristedes supermarket owner John Catsimatidis, Andrea has taken on an increasingly active role in Big Apple politics.
“For me it’s my service to my country because, at my very core, I am a patriot. Nothing means more to me than the United States of America,” said the 29-year-old of why she’s leading Manhattan’s GOP.
The work, which is unpaid, can be a challenge on the heavily Democratic island, and much of Andrea’s role consists of persuading Republicans to enter races they will almost certainly lose. Then there’s the even more difficult task of raising money for them.
An Upper East Side fundraiser she headlined last month for Staten Island City Councilman Joe Borelli, who is running a long-shot race for public advocate, drew a few dozen people.
Occasionally things can even get dangerous, like when the Manhattan GOP headquarters was vandalized by far left “antifa” protesters in October 2018.
“I felt like my safety was threatened,” said Andrea. “They left a note saying they wouldn’t be civil.” She added that she wouldn’t dare wear a MAGA hat in New York City.
“I would be scared for my safety.”
Still, she has plenty of devoted fans: More than 43,000 Instagram followers who have watched her romp around the world’s most exclusive beaches in bikinis.
“I love Mykonos. That is the best place to be in the summer,” she said. “When I have to go close, I love going to Miami, that is my second spot. New York-quality food, but with better weather and better taxes.”
And then of course there is Dubai, the Bahamas and Lake Como. And Andrea, who serves as an executive in her father’s Red Apple Group, also enjoys summer at her family’s sprawling estate in East Quogue in the Hamptons. 
Instagram . . . .    NY Post. . . .














No comments: