.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

BLUE PILLING it with "The Vampire Diaries", Part II

 


Holy Mother of Crap

You just try binge watching 
171 episodes of a show



By Gary;

Shit. Watching 171 one-hour TV shows in eight seasons.

I don't care how good a show is. That was mind numbing.

I am the supreme vampire fan. It took a few years, but I jumped into The Vampire Diaries with both feet.

It feels really good taking the Vampire Blue Pill.

I have pulled back from the 24-7 programmed insanity of the corrupt corporate "news". Let Ukraine burn. I have run out of fucks to give.

Life is much better now.

As part of my Blue Pill therapy I have turned off the phone and started losing myself in my old Conan and Agatha Christie books, old DVDs and more.

Binge watching "The Vampire Diaries" is part of the Blue Pill healing process. I worked my way through all 171 episodes of the series on Netflix.


Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev)

Though a huge vampire fan I never saw a single or even partial episode of the series. That allowed me to view it with no preconceptions.

The story lines of the series get very complex with werewolves, vampires and witches - - - in other words, something for everyone.

All I ask is to be entertained and lose myself in a fantasy world away from our current 1984 nightmare.  The Vampire Diaries does that because the writing and acting are top quality.

The Vampire Diaries is based on the book series of the same name written by L. J. Smith.

The series is set in the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town charged with supernatural history. It follows the life of Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), a teenage girl who has just lost both parents in a car accident. She falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley). Their relationship becomes increasingly complicated as Stefan's mysterious older brother Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) returns.

Seasons one to six are top quality. Sadly, Nina Dobrev left the series in season seven. The star leaving created a big hole in the show that could not be filled. Imagine I Love Lucy with no Lucy. The cast did the best they could with an impossible situation.

I have no complaints. This is one of the best shows I have seen in the Sci Fi-Fantasy world.

Rated:  8 out of 10


 


Stunning Acting
.
The two started off as almost "extra" high school friend characters - - - like red shirts in Star Trek you were waiting for them die any second. But they morphed into the main stars with incredible acting talent. 

Caroline and Bonnie made the show worth watching.


Caroline the Vampire

Bonnie the Witch



No comments: