.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

My Halloween Movie Double Feature




My Two Movies For Halloween Evening


Dracula   (1931)

Yes I have seen this thing a million times since childhood.  But I just can't help myself.  It is the classic that started it all.  My recent review and re-reading of the book impressed upon me all the more the power of the story.

The creepy atmosphere and black and white filming of the 1931 version cannot be beat.  And we cannot forget the great Dwight Frye as Renfield.  He nearly steals the film.  If you could combine this and the 1992 Francis Ford Coppola version your would have the perfect Dracula movie.


 



The Hills Have Eyes    (2006)

Now we are into hardcore horror with this remake.  

The movie is frightening on many levels with mutants, people being burned alive, rape and cannibalism.

This movie has a major level of creep and insanity.


 



No comments: